Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tower Bistro - Sacramento

My cousin is the Executive Chef at Embassy Suites in Sacramento. The restaurant on site is called Tower Bistro, named after the Tower Bridge next door. I call it the Gold Bridge, since it's painted gold.

Last year Chef Clay hosted a birthday dinner for his Mother, my aunt Joyce. He created an extensive dinner, many courses. It was fabulous. Of course, it was all off the menu items.   I don't often eat at the hotel I stay in, I prefer to get out and see the city and eat at a place I find.  However, we did eat the Calamari before the basketball game.  It was fabulous.

The Calamari came in a big basket, like a basket that would hold a burger and fries, but this basket was FULL of Calamari. It was very tender, and perfectly cooked. I enjoy Calamari, it is one of my favorites, and this Calamari ranks right up there with the best.  I wish we had tried other dishes, besides of course the huge Breakfast buffet with an Omelet bar. Another favorite!

Looking forward to visiting again and trying more things at the Tower Bistro.

No comments: