Thursday, March 7, 2013

Back to Bang Bar

Bronwen wanted to go here for her birthday.  Last time is was crowded and we were packed in at the bar, this time we got there earlier and had a nice booth. The decor is pretty cool. There is a water fall thing, and the bar has lights under it that change. It's a nice decor.

This time we had the room and the time to really check the menus out thoroughly and we did.  The specials menu was interesting. The first dish was Dungeness Crab Phad Thai. Wow, now that almost sounds too decadent!   Neither of us ordered it.

The drink menu was extensive,  and they have a whole page dedicated to Tea!  I settled on the classic, Jasmine Tea but I want to come back here again just for the Tea!  The Tea comes in a heavy squat Thai style (I guess) pot. It is hot.  It was very good tea, freshly made.

Bronwen couldnt help herself, she ordered the Bang Bar noodles again!  It is a combination of Wide rice noodles, lots of veggies and your choice of protein, with both Yellow and Red curry sauce.  She says its fabulous and I believe her. I almost ordered it myself.

I decided to go with the Garlic Tofu. I didn't want the the noodles today (diet) so that sounded like a good choice. West Seattle seems obsessed with the Crispy Garlic Chicken, so I thought this would be a close substitute. It wasn't crispy though! 

It was good, the garlic sauce was probably the best I have had. It was just strong enough to not overpower the meal and I didn't taste it all night like other Asian garlic sauces I have had.

This place is good, no doubt about it. As we were leaving around 6, it was getting very busy.

No comments: