Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Another food truck? In W. Seattle? Falafel Salam

Falafel Salam

Yes, the food truck craze is spreading to the burbs.  I read on the W Seattle blog that a new Falafel truck was looking for a home. Last Sunday, I found the home!

I do love Falafel. I turned around and went to get me one.

I was the only one there when I got there. 1pm on a lazy Sunday.  A man reached out of the truck window and handed me half a Falafel fresh out of the oil. It was really good. I ordered the regular Falafel. It was huge. It was also $8.00!  I can get a good Falafel in an actual restaurant for $6. I will never understand why these trucks charge more than brick and mortar places.   But I felt compelled to try this new Falafel Stand.

The truck is sporting a nice new paint job. It looks good, makes you trust that these four guys hanging out in a truck in W Seattle, dangerously close to White Center, can make good food!

My Falafel was probably the biggest Falafel I have ever had, and it comes with a side. I chose Dolmas. They gave me one. It was decent.  The Falafel was good too, good spices, good flavor. Fresh veggies. It was a quality Falafel.  But again, it was $8. From a truck. I am just not hip or ironic enough I guess to grasp this fancy food truck craze. I'd rather sit down and have a glass of water with my meal.

All told, I may stop here again when I find myself too far South on 35th SW. again...



No comments: