Friday, November 16, 2012

The food truck craze continues!

I believe I wrote about this last year, the resurgence of the food truck in Seattle. Now there are spaces outside the downtown towers reserving the parking for food trucks. However, these are hit and miss, the real action is now taking place on the corner of 2nd and Pine.

Dog Japon   has been there for years. It's not a truck, it's a covered hot dog stand. They have ridiculous dogs and pictures of famous people eating them. They tried to open up a smaller stand in Westlake Park, but it didn't last very long.  I've never eaten a Japon dog for obvious reasons.

The other trucks rotate, or fight each other for the spots, I don't know. Today there was Saffron Spice, Buns on Wheels and Monti Cristo Mobile.  Yesterday I had my eye on the Cajun truck with Po Boys.










I find the fascination a bit odd. This is not the "roach coach" that shows up to industrial areas, this is gourmet food, sold out of truck and eaten on the street. Bizzare.    I am kinda thinking about the Prawns wrap at Saffron though. at $7.99 its a steal for the city. I wonder if Prawns wrap is actually Prawn wrap! ha ha.

No comments: