Tuesday, November 27, 2012

More Food Trucks

Yesterday we had two,  Lucky Devil and Nomads. Nomads features Hamburgers, $10 average.  I was just passing by today, no ordering. Tuesday was a different story.




Today, we have three. Marination, Jemils and Nomad.

I decided to get a Shrimp Po Boy at Jemils, Cajun food.  $9.50 with tax. It was really good.

As I was waiting in line and old lady came up to me and asked me what kind of food the truck was selling. I told her it was Cajun. Nope, she didn't know what that was. New Orleans, Louisiana? Gulf Coast? nope.   Based on French Creole. uh uh, "is it Asian?"  no. "is it spicy?" yeah, a little. She wandered off.  How does one explain what Cajun food is to someone who doesn't even know what New Orleans is?

Small gathering at Jemils, no one at Jerk Station and 30 people in line for Marination. This truck is so popular, they opened a real restaurant on Alki, at the dock. We went in once, but didn't eat anything.



Jerk Station

$16 dollar Lobster Roll! - Jerk Station




Line for Marination

PO BOY!




No comments: