Friday, September 26, 2008

Qwest for a new breakfast - Tower Deli

Tower Deli and I go waaaaay back. The owners all remember me, even though I have only been in there once a year for the last 3 or 4 years. I used to eat there for lunch a lot, but when I changed my diet to meat free, Tower and I had to part ways. I still remember Spicy Chicken day though, damn that was good. In fact, a majority of people in my office still go to Tower Deli on Spicy Chicken day.

But this is all about Breakfast! The last time I had a breakfast sandwich at Tower, I had it covered with bacon... Today, I ordered an egg and cheese on Wheatbread. I think it really confused them that I was ordering again, cause they served three people who ordered after me, before me. I had plenty of time to study the menu and what I realized is, everything comes with either Bacon or Ham. There is no meat free option. I watched intently to make sure she didn't put any pork on my sandwich. She was about too, but asked what my choice was. I said, "no meat". "No meat?" replied the lady in broken english. "No Meat" I repeated. She wrapped it up and away I went.

The sandwich was good. The bread was fresh, the eggs were cooked to order (steamed in a microwave). The cheese was lacking though, only one choice, American, which really isn't cheese is it? Cheesefood? Cheeseproduct? Not cheese. Not my favorite. A slice of PepperJack would have made all the difference.

The damage, $3.54 plus tip, $4.00 total.

Not a bad price I suppose, but I don't like paying for meat that they don't give me. Perhaps I should get bacon on the side and give it to a homeless person or something.

No comments: